Sunrise over Lake Champlain from Ticonderoga
Support the victims of Hurricane Katrina (click image)
Musings and Meanderings
Friday, August 25, 2006
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
SG-1 Ends Run; Atlantis Back
SCI FI Channel confirmed that it will not renew its record-breaking original series Stargate SG-1 for another season, but will pick up its spinoff series Stargate Atlantis for a fourth year. SG-1 aired its 200th episode on Aug. 18, and the SF series is the longest-running SF show on American television.
SCI FI issued the following statement on Aug. 21: "SCI FI Channel is proud to be the network that brought Stargate SG-1 to its record-breaking 10th season. Ten seasons and 215 episodes is an astounding, Guinness World Record-setting accomplishment. Stargate is a worldwide phenomenon. Having achieved so much over the course of the past 10 years, SCI FI believes that the time is right to make this season their last on the channel. SCI FI is honored to have been part of the Stargate legacy for five years, and we look forward to continuing to explore the Stargate universe with our partners at MGM through a new season of Stargate Atlantis."
Stargate SG-1, developed for television by executive producers Brad Wright and Jonathan Glassner, is based on the 1994 feature film Stargate. SG-1, which originally starred Richard Dean Anderson, Michael Shanks, Amanda Tapping and Christopher Judge, began on Showtime, then moved to SCI FI after five seasons. The current cast includes Tapping, Shanks and Judge and newcomers Ben Browder, Claudia Black and Beau Bridges. It airs Fridays at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Fill this out about your SENIOR year of high school! The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be.
1. Who was your best friend? Jenifer Quentin, Henry Olsen
2.What sports did you play? None
3. What kind of car did you drive? Step Dads 64 1/2 Mustang 286 hardtop
4. Friday night where were you at? Football Games, McDonalds, Studying. Always with Jenifer Quentin
5. Were you a party animal? That came during college
6. Were you considered a flirt? Yes
7. Ever skip school? Never
8. Were you a nerd? Rose above the "brain" clique Sr Year
10. Did you get suspended/expelled?Never
11. Can you sing the fight song? I dont think we had one
12. Who was your favorite teacher?Probably Mr Perry or Mr Hubbard
13. Favorite class? ??? Double Lunch at the "radio" Station
14. What was your school's full name? Lynbrook High School
15. School mascot? Viking
16. Did you go to Prom? No
17. If you could go back and do it over, would you? I'd do it better.
18. What do you remember most about graduation? The grad party
19. Favorite memory of your Senior Year? Jenifer Quentin
20. Were you ever posted up on the senior wall? What is that?
21. Did you have a job your senior year? No
22. Where did you go most often for lunch? Either the "radio station" or the cement planters.
23. Have you gained weight since then?ACK yes.
24. What did you do after graduation? Pitzer College Class of 83
25. When did you graduate? Class of 79
26. Where are most of your classmates? Seems most are in California. Though some are scattered around the nation and world
27. Are you going to your ten year reunion? 10 & 20, 30 is just around the corner (ACK)
28. Who was your home room teacher? Mrs Trudeau I think
Monday, August 14, 2006
I've mentioned a few times that the Mall I work in has been massively renovated. Here I think is a great series of pictures (no I think they are lousy which is why I put them up) showing the transformation of one part of the mall putting in a Fireplace.
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Well I am just back from a wonderful trip to NH Monday and Tuesday to drop off the kid to stay with his Grandparents and participate in a Family Reunion of sorts in the guise of a BBQ and Dessert.
This previous Saturday I had missed a much larger event in MA because of my work. So when my Dad said he was doing a more intimate BBQ on Monday, I knew I would be there.
It was so wonderful being with all my Aunts and Uncles. I cannot remember being with the majority (5 of 7) of them in I don't know how long. I think it was the Caribbean Cruise in fact. Some of whom I had not seen since that cruise.
In addition, many of the "cousins" were there as well. I should explain that my Grandfather Jamil's brother married my Grandmother Mary's sister, so there are double cousins in the family who were raised together in part and are more brothers and sisters than cousins. We had many of them in attendance as well, and it's always wonderful seeing them as well.
One of Dad's neighbor's put on the BBQ part of the evening, just a few doors down from his house a across the street. About a 3 min walk. Then we retired to Elias and Margie's new abode in NH which was about three miles from Dad's house.
I thought everyone looked really good, and you can see from the pictures. The pictures at the Mike Montfort site run as a slideshow. Or you can look at the thumbnails and then the bigger pictures at the Gathering on PhotoBucket as well.
Today I got up and the NY/NJ contingent left for points south around 10am. It was nice to see them again, and after taking trash to the dump, running to CVS and Blockbuster, and other errands for Dad, I headed home myself.
Saturday, August 05, 2006
The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments in a Courthouse is that you cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery" and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians .. It creates a hostile work environment.
Friday, August 04, 2006
The Friday Five!
1. How much time do you spend on the Internet daily?
I'd say anywhere from 2 to 5 hours reading and emailing on and off through the day.
2. What are your favorite 3 websites?
3. Do you eat at your computer?
No, not normally, but I will snack at it.
4. Pick one and why - Reading the news online or in a newspaper?
Newspaper, I know go figure, but I prefer to read a newspaper.
5. How many people are on your instant messenger buddy list?
Between 10 and 20.
Thursday, August 03, 2006
Barely keeping down my frustration with the Republican'ts and their pandering, warmongering and generaly poor international behavior.
But I'm gearing up to go on the offensive so watch out!!