Cars, can't live with them, can't live without them

So did I ever tell you my "Yes Believer" story? Well I will tell you then. I had written off seeing the new Yes tour because the band decided not to visit my hometown this tour. Out of the blue a month before the band was to come to the East Coast I got an e-mail from a perfect stranger who said that he had gotten my name off of a Yes Fan database and if I would drive him to Mass then he would provide the ticket! KaChing. Great show by the way.

So what does this have to do with cars other than the obvious: i.e. we didn't take the train to the show you ask (Yes you in the back there, I heard you asking.)

In the middle of a maniacal rain storm my windshield wipers went "thump" and stopped working. Thump is a bad noise to hear in a thunderstorm on the Mass Pike with tons of big trucks near you. So you can imagine my panic. I ended up driving with a long handled squeegee out the driver side window furiously wiping the windshield.

Two weeks later I still had not fixed the wipers because a mechanic had told me it would involve removing the entire dash. (Not true by the way) FOUR weeks later I STILL had not removed the problem from my life. If you have been reading my notes below you know I went out to Midstate PA for a training class. YEA it rained on the way back. OK now it is time to get the bloody things fixed. At 35c a mile a ten hour drive really pays!! Add to that the last two months zipping around town for work and voila $300 in reimbursements.

So a new wiper assembly, an new front grill (another story) and an oil and lube... $281. Easy come easy go I guess.

So did you watch Monk yet? One more chance on ABC and then it goes into hiatus. However I think it will still be running on USA.

I am burning CD's (Moody Blues shows) and watching that show on Bravo where the professor interviews actors in front of a class. The Actors studio I think it is called. This guy is BORING! But it is fun to hear these actors let their hair out. Today is Bruce Willis, who is incapable of literally letting his hair out... as he has none.

So are you a regular reader? I have learned that I have one regular reader now. I hope I don't bore. This is a door to my life. It's not anything but real. E-mail me sometime if you find that you are checking in on me. mhabiby@nycap.rr.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog