End of Summer... wahhhhhhh

Baa Dee Baa Dee that's all folks!

Well tomorrow the roads will be jammed with Staties going back to work after their obscenely long Union guaranteed Vacations. Kids back in school on Wednesday here in NY. Ended the Summer with a bang with Alexander's 9th birthday party. And I did need the Advil before it was over! No the kids were great.. I just had the mother of all toothaches. Not nice. Great 3 day weekend. Mom visit. Alex's birthday.

And to cap it all off I think I broke a record. I ripped 11 discs and burned 25 this evening. Not sure how I did so many but with a 24x burner it takes all of 5 min to do up one disc.

You know I heard that the Stewardess' Union for some airline was looking for a 15% increase in wages over the next three years. Lets see.. no inflation.. economy in a recession. HEY CAN I HAVE A 15% RAISE TOO??? Makes me ill.

In fact we had Black Thu/Fri at my office. 6 layoffs in the back. Bookkeeper got her hours and pay cut dramatically. Allegedly even the Owners and the CFO took a cut. But not little old me. Apparently I have been doing a better job than I even thought with the new division. Go figure. I WAS going to go ask for a raise. I guess in a bizarre bas-relief sort of way I did get one.

And yea I'm happy that the Baseball people got their act together for the first time in 9 tries. But ya know what? The A's will loose to the Yankees somewhere in the playoffs and then it will be the Braves and the Yankees again in the World Series. YAWN. Deja Vu all over again.

Reading: Ghost Ship - Keith Topping
Listening: Steve Hackett from his 2002 tour. I can't tell you what venue. I'd have to kill you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog