Wow 14 years!

Yesterday was my 14th wedding anniversary. 9/10/88. Took the night off from the computer. Seems like just yesterday that I married my blushing bride. Other days it seems like we have been married forever. Now I mean that in the best way, don't you ever feel about a friend or loved one that you have JUST gotten to know them but have also known them all your life? Well that is the way with my wife and I for me.

We have had our ups and downs. The downs have been pretty heavy and fairly personal so I won't go into details. The ups have been the perfect Yang to the Yin of the downs, or is that the other way around? We didn't have our son till we had been married for 5 years and didn't buy a house till we had been married for 10. In fact it was our 10th wedding present to ourselves. (Kind of makes it hard to top with something at 15, maybe we will renew our vows).

Overall, and in relation especially to my parent's generation and others in my generation, we have had a very stable and loving marriage. In fact I would say that each year is more comfortable that the last. I guess we are very lucky.

So 14 yrs is gold or ivory. Being very PC I didn't see any point in killing elephants to celebrate my anniversary so I went with the gold.

The best thing I can say about anyone's upcoming nuptials is that "I hope you are as lucky as I to have married your best friend".

Be good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog