2 days on the Road

As the subj says I just spent two days on the road for the company.. Our normal driver was out with the flu.. so lets get the VP of Marketing to do it.. yea he'll do anything. Let Mikey try it!!!!

NEVER again. I spent 12 hours on the road on Thursday, 7:30 to 7:30 picking up converters in the 5 borough area. I was driving a 16ft diesel truck, the largest you can drive without a CDL. The count was: 3 people gave me the finger, 11 people cut me off dangerously, and 4 people almost hit me! Right now I'd say that all of the roads in Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx (the major thoroughfares not the side streets) are being ripped up and there are detours EVERYWHERE. Never have I "met" so many people with their heads so far up their collective arses than what I saw in the boroughs yesterday. Not one act of kindness, say letting someone into a lane. How could these people think that their lives are SO important that their "important mission" is more important than the next driver.

And to rub salt in the wound I missed the Al Stewart show at the local Jazz Club here in the Albany area cause I was so tired. Imagine that I saw him last year in Berkeley, and last spring at a club an hour and a half from the house, and I can't go see him when he plays locally. Someone owes me big time! LOL.

Friday was a lot easier: Just 7 hrs on the road to Northern NJ and back. Much more laid back drive.. though it is still a looong haul up the state of NY. Lucky it has stopped raining from earlier in the week and it was clear, mild and sunny.

Still 19 hrs on the road over two days is enough for me for a while.

Tonight: Alex has WeBelos, Chinese for dinner.

Tomorrow: The whole family is seeing "the Other Ones" - that is the Grateful Dead without Jerry. I hope Alex likes the music. Liza loved the Grateful Dead Live the few times we saw them together. I have the recording from the Shows in Alpine Valley Wisconsin from this spring and they are very good. Hope they hold up over the entire tour. I can't see that it will match seeing YES from the third row (we have balcony seats tomorrow) but it should be fun.

Thanks for reading.

______________________________________________
It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong.

-- Voltaire

Comments

Popular posts from this blog