Movie Time!!



I have downloaded the full theatrical trailer for The Two Towers. First of all it is very exciting! Second it is very disturbing. I am positive I saw Legolis sliding down some stairs in a battle on a skateboard. Oi! More to the point it sure looks to me like they are really playing up the "love triangle" between Eowyn, Aragorn and Arwen. Please. This was barely a hint in the books. Yes we know that Eowyn pines for Aragorn.. but it is not played up in the books. Thank god. Also there are scenes in the Trailer that I cannot for the life of me place involving Elrond (Hugo Weaving) and Arwen (Liv Tyler) discussing Aragorn (Viggo Mortensen) having to do with Aragorn not returning or some such nonsense.

Now I had major reservations about the Fellowship of the Ring and I was dead wrong. The theatrical trailer is mega powerful and very exciting. I just hope the Tolkien Scholars that were involved in the movie were conservative. Anyway if you have not seen the trailer in the theatre download it at The Lord of the Rings.net



We went and saw the Chamber of Secrets on Sunday. Yea almost three hours.. but it was rather good. I had just read the first four books before seeing The Sorcerers Stone last year so the entire series was very fresh in my mind. Certainly much has faded over the year but the movie seemed very true to the book. There was much talk of this one being looser and funnier than the first due to the more relaxed attitude of the principle children actors. I really didn't see that but did find the movie quite fun and amusing. The Mega Spider scene and the Slug Mouth scene were a bit much for Liza (she hates spiders) but I enjoyed them. I would give this one 4.5 stars out of 5 for sure. Take your kid. Take yourself if you don't have a kid. Seeing Richard Harris was great and of course sad. I've been a fan of his since my Mom used to play the soundtrack to Camelot around the house. And I've seen Camelot quite a few times. I felt that this role was a wonderful tribute to his career. I'm glad that he lasted to the first two movies. Think if his last role had been the role from Patriot Games! Eeek.

_________________________________________

Those who speak most of progress measure it by quantity and not by quality.

-- George Santayana




Comments

Popular posts from this blog