Those FORD commercials

There are two commercials that are bugging the you know what out of me. Ok so maybe you think I watch too much Television but really I have a few select programs that I watch regularly. And I watch sports. Probably my downfall.

Ok so if you are with me so far track this:

The first is the Mustang Commercial with Bill Ford Jr. Dear Bill tells us how after seeing some movie with Steve McQueen he just had to have a Mustang. And because of that he has "oil in his veins". Ok Ok.. hold me back...

Yo Bill! Did you check your last name?? I think you were BORN with Oil in your veins.. and if you can't have ANY Ford vehicle you want when you want it.. then what is the point of being CEO of Ford and having that clever last name of yours??

Second one gets me even more. To me this is a microcosm of what is wrong with America today. So here we have this country singer (first strike against him trust me on that one) crooning on and on about his Ford Truck. He would rather walk 10 miles than ride in a non Ford Pick up. Ok Ok Hold me back.

Just how stupid is that? Ok let me decide here.. Walk 10 miles in my Cowboy boots on a dusty hot road.. or get a ride? Hmmm Gosh.. since I am a COMPLETE moron I guess I will just listen to more country music and WALK.

Sheesh.

__________________________________________________________
If one morning I walked on top of the water across the Potomac River, the headline that afternoon would read "President Can't Swim".

-- Lyndon B. Johnson


Comments

Popular posts from this blog