(by the way this is not Alex.. it's me in 4th grade)

The week that was

Boy did this one slip by fast! Monday was spent on the road picking up converters. Boom one day down. Monday night was spent watching the Raider win a close one to the Jets! If you even know me a little you know what a HUGE Raider fan I am. The team needs to win every game till the end of the season.. including @ San Diego and @ Miami!! Just digging themselves out of the hole they put themselves in with the 4 losses in a row earlier this year.

Tuesday & Wednesday blew by at work. Catching up on what was the equivalent of two days gone from the office as I took the 29th off. (I cleaned house that day). At home Alexander and I were working on a book report together. Last major project he and I did I followed his memory of the directions and he didn't do so well. So this time we did the project "my way". It finally came down to a discussion as to the structure of said report. Well since it was due on Friday and Thursday is Survivor (An Alex and Liza thing - I hate that show) we decided to do the final draft on Wednesday and send it in.. let the teacher decide. Well Alex's version was "fine" and we shall see what grade he gets.

After Alex goes to be I usually play a Computer game. Recently it has been Madden 2001.. playing the Raiders of course. They are about to finish the season 16 - 0 and on to the 'playoffs'. More on that later. Maybe. I mean do you really care?

Of course we had the snowstorm last night. Poor Liza didn't get home till like 8pm. She looked a wreck too. I had gotten Chinese so we didn't have to cook thank gosh. They both enjoyed their Survivor and I think I read. I will be doing up a big(ish) review of the series I am about to finish by Peter Hamilton.

My usual NJ Friday run is Monday again "this" week.. ie next week.. means running down there twice next week. Poof another week will be gone...

Been doing up a bunch of cd's for my friends. Big trade with some local guy and I now have what is the closest to a "band approved" Tangerine Dream live show collection. It is quite amazing.. 17 shows, not one of which are bad recordings. Also still remastering the Stone Treks that Geo sent me from Cali for myself.. Geo and Fiendeye.

Been watching season six of Buffy on UPN at 6 and 7. I am a big Buffy fan. Never gave the show much thought until a lot of Dr. Who fans I correspond encouraged me to investigate the show. It has that Joss Whelan combo of good humor, serious plots, good writing, and great monsters. I think Firefly didn't go over as well because it was in the end just a Western. It needed more BEM's.

________________________________________
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.

-- Soren Kierkegaard


Comments

Popular posts from this blog