Alexander Samir Habiby 10 years old.

The multi part Birthday continued this am on his actual day of birth. He came up to the bedroom around 7:30 am wanting to open presents. Understandable but waaaaaay too early on a Saturday of a three day weekend. So he opened one while we were still asleep in the am.

I got up and went to the store for the "Alex's special eggs" ingredients. The rest of the world calls it Eggs Benedict. He loves it. Then he opened presents! We gave him Roller Coaster Tycoon II and a nice silver necklace and cross. Liza took him to the "Great Escape" on Thursday so after wrapping presents last night she is "off the hook". Like I said I made us Eggs Benedict for breakfast and I am taking him to see the new Jamie Lee Curtis Movie "Freaky Friday" at 2:30pm. Then Liza is meeting us up near the theater for an early supper at the Outback restaurant, also his choice.

So far Andrew called from France, with Jeremy and Sophie singing Happy Birthday, and Mom called as well. I don't expect Larry as he is in the Philippines for a Rotary thing. If any family members read this, and miss Alex at home you can call my Cell number, but we will be in a movie from 2:30 to 4:30.




Few other updates of a most trivial nature. Kevin and I did not do the second Satellite Install yesterday, but the first was a good four hours. Celebrated my $30 Apex DVD player last night by watching a Dr. Who upstairs on the bed while Liza was watching her shows downstairs.




There is a lot of shit happening in the world that's pissing me off but frankly I've been too busy to compose more mutterings along Political lines. Maybe something this weekend. Please follow some of the blogs I've found to the right ... the ones lower on the list are often more political in nature and usually carry some eye opening story you may have missed.




QOTD: The advantage of a classical education is that it enables you to despise the wealth that it prevents you from achieving.
-- Russell Green

Now reading: Well I wanted to start re-reading the Riverworld series by Philip Jose Farmer but I don't seem to have them any more. I think they got water damaged like 15 yrs ago and I never replaced them. So.....

Now reading: Theodore Rex. More Morris. More Roosevelt. Just 50 pages in and I'm totally sucked in again.. this author is amazing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog