Blog Rolling

Thanks to my friend elfslut for this one. This is a great service that keeps your links all neat and orderly as you change templates from time to time. It uses anything from Java to the most sophisticated code available depending on your level of expertise.

As I find new blogs I like and as friends give me their blog address' (not mutually exclusive of course) I will be adding them to the menu bar at the right.

Honestly though its tough finding good blogs. They seem to come in three flavors. The first is of course foreign language ones, there seems to be an extraordinary amount of ones written in Spanish. I have found a few French ones and am trying to read those to stay boned up on my language skills.

Next are the teeny bopper ones. These are by far the most prevalent. Overwhelmingly so in fact. Go ahead to that link I have on the menu bar at the right and hit random blog... you will find oodles of these. Mostly written by angsty teen girls and they are all about boyfriends and random goings on in their lives. (YES I know a significant portion of my blog is about me and MY boring life so I'm not being hypocritical here. But this type of blog has no other feature than the intricate details of teen age life).

FINALLY I am finding one in 25 to one in 50 have something to say. Of those a surprisingly large number are Christian proselytizing and/or Right Wing. So we will leave those out as well.

So as a service to you the readers I will be marking those that actually have something intelligent to say and putting them in the menu. In my HUMBLE opinion of course.

Gosh that was longwinded.. eh?

(Just did the spell check for this one. How much sence does this make? Blogger Pro spell check does not recognise the word "blog". Now that is stoopid.)

OBCD: Philip Glass' "the Low Symphonies" A bloody marvelous CD taking the three best songs from Bowie's Low album and doing them up Glass style.

QOTD:
I think that I shall never see
a billboard lovely as a tree.
Perhaps, unless the billboards fall,
I'll never see a tree at all.
-- Ogden Nash

Comments

Popular posts from this blog