Conversations with the nonagenarian

So maybe twice a month or once a week I call my Grandmother. She is an amazing woman. At 90something she is still going - strong would to strong a word - and sharp as a tack. I catch her driving home via my cell phone my time which is mid afternoon her time and we usually talk for about 15 to 20 min. Well I talk and she listens as she just "loves your stories Michael" as if I lead an exciting life. (Any regular reader of my Blog surely knows I don't).

So the story I want to convey is short and I think very cute. I told her how my domestic partner, my best friend, my wife of 15 years gets home around 7 to 7:30 every night. Oh she says the poor dear, and then she has to cook dinner. Now my generation is gapping big time. Silence. I say Grammie, has MW not told you what I do around here? No she says. So I tell her about my evenings M - F. Leave work, pick up Mr Alex, go shopping if needed for dinner, chill for a half hour, make dinner, eat dinner, usually clean up after with Alex. OH she says. Isn't L lucky to have such a good husband.

That from my pre-depression era Grandmother. What a gem she is.

QOTD: Creativity represents a miraculous coming together of the uninhibited energy of the child with it apparent opposite and enemy, the sense of order imposed on the disciplined adult intelligence.
-- Norman Podhoretz

Currently Reading: Colony of Lies - Colin Brake - a 2nd Dr. "Past" adventure (more Geek creds here)

OBCD: More of the Dead tour downloaded quite legally from FurtherNet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog