Finally a new phone

About 9 months ago I was wearing my Audiovox cell phone and had the head set on. I caught the chord on something and ripped the headphone jack off the board. My Electronic Doc guru KD was not able to fix it so I've been stuck with a cell phone that does not allow headsets.

This is a pain for two reasons. One I really don't like putting these things to my head, they are hard to hear and all those waves going through my brain cannot be good. Second in the state of NY it is actually a ticketable offence to drive while using the headphone in a "non hands free manner".

So Verizon told me I could reup my plan two months early. At that point I qualify for a $100 bonus as it were towards a new phone. Today was the day (well yesterday but I didn't make it to Verizon yesterday). I got a really cool flip phone (The VX4400) which was $150, with a $50 mail in rebate.. ie no cost in the end. It's got a color screen and all sorts of cool features. Seems to pull a signal quite well, as good as my last phone, here in the house, which is in a major cell shadow. Was that a run on sentence. I think so.

So Mikey's a happy camper.




Weather

It sucketh and bloweth. It is hot and humid. Sticky as all get out. Just plain miserable. NO we didn't put the AC unit it, still saving from last winter's horrid energy bills. Once I get home I'm icky within in the first few moments. Yea we live for the Spring and Fall here in upstate NY cause the Winter and Summer are so horrendous.

OBCD: NOTHING - I had such a crazy day at work that I never plugged the silly thing in.

Still Reading: Timeless - will finish tonight.

QOTD - Where ever you go, there you are
- Peter Weller as Buckaroo Banzai.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog