The weekend

No political pontificating today. I recorded but didn't watch my talking heads shows today so I'll catch them during the week.

Well as the weekend dawned Brother Greg was scheduled to arrive with Alex at 11:55 tonight. Figuring that it was as good excuse as any for a good cleaning Liza and I did the house a good cleaning. I vacuumed the entire house while she did the kitchen and bathrooms. Its been way hot and humid so I was soaked by the time I was done. Ick. Took a nice hot then cold shower and took a nap listening to Sound Tribe Sector 9 (urban beat fusion jazz jam stuff all instrumental). Barbecued some chicken breasts in Caribbean Jerk Marinade. Yum.

Took it easy last night and watched MIBII on one of the pay channels. I saw it in the theatre with Alex when it came out and didn't think it was very good. Probably from the hype. On a second viewing it was a cute sequel.

Today I did the sunroom and helped with the laundry. I've also been downloading the first leg of the Dead tour and so I burned the Red Rocks shows I have now (they played four or five nights there) and a Little Feat show I also downloaded.

So major house cleaning. For Greg's visit? Well it was the excuse we needed.

The phone rings around 1 or so and it's Greg. He and Mom figured a way to save Mom the flight cost and have Alex fly unaccompanied from Las Vegas to Albany. So Greg flew with Alex to Las Vegas quite selflessly without a firm return time. Last I heard he was on standby to get back to Oakland. I'm a very lucky guy to have such a great brother. Being able to go back to the Bay Area tonight also allowed him to grab another shoot so this is a good thing!

Liza and I went out to Outback tonight. Yum. We listened to the Little Feat show on the way and back. YUCK. I don't know what happened to this band but they have a singer who went to the Janice school of singing. Just shriek enough and don't sing on key. eck.

Just killing time now till Alexander lands this evening late.

I also finally finished American Empire - The Center cannot hold. Big book. One more to go but it's just out in Hardback so I will be waiting till the paperback or checking it out from the library. I ordered the two latest BBC Dr. Who books last week from www.drwhona.com as somehow I got two months behind somewhere. Reading the current (8th) Dr Who first - I am SUCH a geek. lol. It's a crisis in the Multiuniverse and the Doc is trying to straighten things out before the entire of reality goes poof or arch nemesis Sabbath turns time into his employers nefarious uses. No really it is much deeper than that but we geeks have to keep up appearances.

Now reading: Timeless by Stephen Cole (see above)

OBCD today: Red Rocks shows (see above)

QOTD: Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.
-- Malcolm Forbes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog