42 Years old Today

As a birthday present the Raiders got their asses handed to them yesterday by Jake Plummer! Jake Plummer??? Sad and Pathetic. Please note that I Told You So before the season. The Raiders are a shadow of their selves from last year. They are team that showed up to the SuperBowl not the team that got to the SuperBowl.

So what does it mean to be 42? This will be a bit maudlin so bear with me. My hip aches pretty much all the time now. Its bursitus from when I was younger. I WILL be getting bi-focals soon, as every once in a while my eyes just refuse to focus up close. My virility is just not what it was 10 years ago. (prob too much info there eh?) My father is 70 now, and it makes me sad that at the most I'll get another 20 years with him, if I am very lucky. (On the other hand my mom is 65 and her mom is 90+ so I get 30 more with her!)

Lets look at the positive now. I am a hell of a lot wiser than 10 yrs ago. I have ALL my hair. Thats right ALL of it. I am not greying in any shape or form. Both James Gandolofini and George Cloony are within 2 months of my birthday and both look years older than I. I don't have to worry about menopause. (ducking). I don't have to retire for another 23 years, so I am just this side of half way in my normal worklife span (65 - 21 = 44 / 2 = 22 yrs is half way or at age 43). I consider this a plus by the way, not a negative becuase I really have no savings to speak of.

To celebrate my Mother is coming up from NYC where she is doing a seminar to have dinner with us. My Dad is in the States at his new home in NH and Alex and I will be running out there on Sunday or Saturday night. So I get to see both parents in the same "birthday" weekend.

QOTD: Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps.
-- David Lloyd George

OBCD today: (spacerock), Mister Quimby's Beard, Harvey Bainbridge and Afresco Mantis live shows. Good stuff!

Still reading: The Magic Labyrinth




Comments

Popular posts from this blog