Rainy drive

The weekend part two consisted of Alex and my visit to my Dad and Stepmom in NH. We rose and tried to shine at 7:30 and were on the road by 8am. Glad we didn't stay overnight at the camp as it poured overnight.

We caught up with the storm going North on I-91. It poured cats and dogs the whole way up that road.. made the drive a bit dicey. We arrived around 11:00 and met D&K at the church in town. Then we had a lovely brunch at a "hotel" across the street. I had Waevos Rachero's and the other three had some variation of Eggs Benedict, or as Alex calls them "his Special Eggs".

Then we went shopping for my birthday books. Got a Bio of John Pierpoint Morgan (JP) and the most recent Neal Stephenson paperback. Alex got a little kit to make a solar car and then while researching the product in the car on the way home said he was pretty sure he could make it work his GameBoy. Scary smart child.

We were able to spend a couple of hours at the house as well. I set up their DVD/VCR combo for them and we played a couple of games of Air Hockey as my sister has left her kids' Air Hockey table at the NH house. We headed out at 5pm and got home a bit before 8pm.

So 5 hrs driving today.. I'm beat. Just finished folding the laundry and hanging things up.

So when is my weekend???? ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog