Waitin for the phone to ring Pt II

The CFO called me around 1pm or so today. The owner had tentatively agreed to turn over the operations of the company to the new ownership. The term tentatively must be used because at that time the owner had not contacted the new owner to set up a meeting for tomorrow. I never heard back from anyone after that so I guess I won't know till Monday morning when I go in at 8am.

Even with this possible good news the fact remains that I'm sitting on at least two paycheck which I have no idea when they will be good. I was reminded that the new company will not be honoring back payroll from the old. So although this is probably the best news possible for the job front, it still puts quite a burden on the personal cashflow.

I really wasn't planning on ever going back to the building after I left on Friday evening. Part of me is wildly disappointed tht Ned saw reason. Its very selfish of me but it's a fact. 5.5 years of severe weirdness with the CableShoppe has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth and a bit burnt out. I had been hoping that Ned would say no so that it would be a week or two before we found a new place for the the new company (which was going to be formed regardless of his decision).

Oh well. Best laid plans of mice and men oft go awry.

(written on sunday but backdated)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog