Boys Night In

Rented Bruce Almighty last night. Alex had seen it already but wanted me to see it. He thought it was out loud laughing funny, and I suppose Jim Carey fart jokes are funny to a 10 yr old. I thought it was cute/funny, and a bit thought provoking.

I found that it was a very nice morality play about selfishness vs. looking out for the other guy/gal. Morgan Freedman was Fantastic as God. He got some amazing lines like " Parting the Red Sea was a magicians Trick Bruce. Not a Miracle. A child who chooses education over drugs, now that’s a miracle. Or the single mother who works full time but still finds time to take her children to soccer, now that’s a miracle."

The moral of the story was simple: You don't have to be God to perform "miracles". Just being kind to your fellow man on a daily basis sets an example to others. Maybe if more of us thought of this on a daily basis and were not so wound up in our own lives (myself included) the world would be better place.




Winter is upon us

Though for some this is much later than normal, I'd call the 36 hr period of Monday to today the official start of winter for the Capital District. Yesterday it was cold and crisp, that dry December air that we love.

I JUST went outside to check my car and its snowing up a storm. Ok that's a stupid line. Anyway its definitely winter.

The winter of 02/03 was loooong and brutal. Started in early Nov and went nearly 6 mo. I'm figuring this winter won't be so long. Hoping anyway.

So this serves as the official announcement to my Left Coast friends and family that yes.. Winter is here.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog