It's S(n)o(w) Cool

Well we finally got the first real snow of the season (no surprise for my local readers). We had a lovely snow / sleet / freezing rain storm on Thursday then it slowly snowed all day Saturday. In all it put down probably another 4 to 6 inches, making the base 6 to 9 in. Funny thing is that by Thursday it should be all gone, as we have predicted here a warm 36 hours midweek below freezing accompanied by rain. The shoveling was not too bad, as it is very dry here.

I always love the first major snowfall of the year, everything nice and white, before the petrocarbons and street sludge blacken the snow, or it melts or sublimates away. We are blessed to have a great neighbor across the street who throws his brother's plow on his truck, so after the city plowed us in as per their contract (hee hee), he got all the immediate neighbors to move our cars around and got the snow pushed over to the curb.



My cup runneth over

I cannot express my deepest joy at the mass email I sent out about my getting a job, friends, family, all loved ones, responded with unprecedented volumes of emails. It was extreemly touching to get these email, some from folks I had not heard from in literally months or even years.

Thanks :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog