Some Great PC Games Cheap

Ever since brother Greg gifted us with a newly built computer running with an Athelon Chip (1.1Ghz) and a hoopy motherboard (along with a great Video Card donated by sister Laurie) I have been exploring what it's like to be in the 21st Century of computing. The previous incarnation of the family computer was a P2 Celeron running at 450 Mhz so it is quite an improvement.

I was at Electronic Boutique recently and I grabbed to great games very cheap. Because the movies are over and new titles have been published the EA Game Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King is out there for $9.95. Once I got the right drivers running for 3d rendering I discovered that this game is really amazing. The graphics are astounding, and there are some neat interviews and other quick bonus' that you unlock as you progress through the game.

I also picked up the 7th Anniversary version of Ultima Online (the most recent code is called "Age of Shadows") for just $19.95. I had a much earlier version a while ago, but it just didn't play well on my old slow computer. Now with the fast chip and RAM this interactive game plays great. In Ultima Online you enter what is called a MMORPG, which stands for Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. There are servers all over the world called "shards" which allow for great responce time and you play a character and live in this online world. I've just started so I'm sure there are hours of fun and entertainment in store.

So if you are into amazing 3d rendering and good "hacking" go get the LotR: Return of the King, or more staid online play, then Ultima Online.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog