3 quick things

1) John Lennon - where was I 25 yrs ago



As you know this week was the 25th anniv of John's shooting. For people of my generation this event is to many of us what JFK's assisination was to the Boomers, in that we will always remember where we were when we heard.

For me I was walking back from the McConnell Dining hall when someone said that he had been shot. I really figured that this was a horrid joke and said so. But alas it was true. I remember sitting on the balcony of my suite on campus and someone was playing the Long and Winding Road extreemly loud. Vivid, like yesterday.

John's death was not as much about a crazy stalker trying to impress a celeb. It was about the tragic irony of this life, that a man of peace would be gunned down violently. I wonder what he would have to say today with the Dogs Of War running the country. I'm sure he would be in the front lines of the opposition.

2) I got a New Phone



I was fooling around online at the Verizon Wireless site last week and discovered you can "upgrade" your cell phone online at their site. Just a quick clarification - every 22 months regardless of changes in your 2 yr agreement, you can replace your phone with a "upgrade" credit of up to $110. I have done this once before and this new phone makes it my third with Verizon.

I had wanted this phone but it was too much money at the Verizon store, and since things are tight I gave up on the idea. It had a camera (1.3 Megapixels) and a camcorder function, web 2.0 and lots of voice recognition programs. It's also capable of storing up to a gigabite of information via a mini-sd card flash memory, thus storing thousands of pics or MP3's.

So lo and behold cruising around online I discoverd with my upgrade discount and online discount I could get the phone for free. For you geeks here are the specs at the LG site - LG VX8100

3) Photo Blogging



Following closely on the heels of #2, I thought it would be fun to randomly document the day on the daily basis and put them in a photo blog. I didn't really do much research so I may change the site but for now I am using FotoBlog, which I think is a Google subsidiary. I put the link at the top of this blog so it's always there for you to check out. The RSS feed is this, just copy and paste: http://feeds.fotothing.com/rss/corwyn/

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog