i-Tunes

I have to say I am pretty impressed with the whole i-Tunes concept. I don't actually download "their" music for pay, so I'm not talking about that.

The i-Tunes program itself, is quite hoopy. For starters it has a very nice MP3 ripper. It allows you to set the BPS (193 for me) and it utilizes CDDB so that the CD that you own immediatly comes up with all the ID3 fields; i.e. song title, album, year, genre etc.

Podcasting is way cool. I don't have time anymore for watching the Sunday talking heads. But when I get home from the Shack I can listen to their Podcasts sans commercials on my i-Pod. I also found a couple of French Podcasts so I can stay brushed up on my language skills. I-Tunes software keeps your podcasts up to date as well.

Video is also great. Now i-Pod has a conversion program but it's way to slow. I found a great free one online that converst avi, mpeg etc to M4V format. Right now during "prep" and at the Shack when it's slow I am catching up on Hex (a show from the UK not available here in America).

The i-Tunes software lets you make "smart" playlists using simple a WYSIWYG interface of Boolean logic so that for instance you can make a playlist of all songs in a given year or decade, genre or group, etc.

Shop i-Tunes allows you to download music AND video's for a small fee. As an example, if I was so inclined, which I am not, I could subscribe to the entire season of Battlestar Galactica, or Alias, etc. Or buy the episodes piecemeal.

So yea, I'm impressed Steve, you sure have got something going there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog