She waited till Mom came home.

Grammie died last night at 11pm EST. Mom was kind enough to wait to call till this morning at 615am.

Grammie waited till Mom got back to Cali, which is remarkable in itself. A final remarkable chapter in a remarkable life. Mom read to her from the bible and the Christian Science book before she finally let go last night.

As Mom said I can celebrate her life personally by getting my credentials. She was very proud of what I am doing, and was satisfied that another generation was teaching (She was a career teacher and my Mom taught for many years before becoming a consultant).

There will be no big funeral, her religeon does not allow for that, so I won't be going back to the left coast for anything. Just keeping her in my thoughts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog