Marvel Ultimates Hard Back Vol 1

This amazing graphic novel collecting the Ultimates Issues 1 - 13 arrived in my mailbox from my dear friend cjwrites just before we headed down to Chincoteague. I stashed it away for the trip, and read about half on the way home on Saturday.

Well I finished it on Monday, and it was quite exceptional. The artwork is just superb and the writing very credible. This is a sort of Reboot of the Marvel Avengers, though how it relates to the ongoing Civil War series (i.e. before, after or during) I am not sure. The superhero's are dysfunctional, flawed human's which gives a better view in my mind to the whole idea.

Nick Fury, Capt America, Thor, the Hulk, Hank Pym (Giant Man) and his wife (Wasp), also brought into series one were two of Magneto's kids, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, as well as Hawkeye and Black Widow. Quite a collection of characters. As the second series progresses I understand others will join S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Ultimates.

This is why I've always preferred Marvel to DC, growing up it seemed that the DC hero's were too shiny squeaky clean. Spiderman has been my fave since I can remember, but Capt America used to sit on my ceiling in my house in San Jose growing up.

Anyway I can't wait to read the Ultimates 2, and series 3 & 4 are apparently commissioned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog