Busy weekend

In an addendum to the sad passing of my cousin Jim, I have accepted the help of one of my Uncles and booked tickets to the funeral in the Midwest. I leave bright and early Sunday am with a lay over in Chicago, where in amazing serendipity, I hook up with my step sister and cousin for the second leg of the journey.

I return on Monday night late via DC. It was a hard decision, but I feel the right one. Difficult because I had to take time from my jobs and definitely the right one as I did actually want to be there.

Although it is a solemn occasion, I will be taking the time to reacquaint myself with some cousins I have not seen in years and years including Jims' brothers and sister, and a few other cousins. My generation will be well represented in that there will be at least one child of each of my Dad's generation's brothers and sisters (did that make sense?) Dad's generation are all originally immigrants and this is an important old world distinction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog