E-gads I have three weeks of archives. Seems like I just started doing this...

"Not just a cup but a just cup" I read somewhere that there is a initiative on the ballot in Berzerkely this year to make it a crime to NOT serve Fair Trade or Organically Grown coffee (not necessarily the same thing by the way.) While I think that this is a noble effort.. only in Berzerkely would they legislate this. I just love California and miss it terribly. From a distance of course. Here at the Habiby Household we only buy Fair Trade or Organically Grown or Shade Coffee but that is our choice. I don't see the need to legislate this. But it is a nice idea.

Opening night 2002 - 2003 Football season. My second most loved team (the Niner's are playing my.. well they are in the top 5.. the Giants) BOTH offences look anemic at best but the defense has been outstanding. Alexander sat up and watched the first half. He is asking a heck of a lot less questions this year so I think he was actually listening last year to all my explanations. You know I remember the last year of Daryl Lamonica playing for my favorite Football team the Raiders. I was born in 1961. I looked it up on the net, and Lamonica's last year with the Raiders was 1967 - 8 season. That means I've been watching and following Raider Football since I was... in Kindergarten?? So something doesn't add up. Either I Don't remember the last season of Lamonica or the information was wrong. I'm thinking I've been a Raider fan since I was in 3rd Grade so that means since I was 8.

John Ashcroft. I knew this guy was a bad idea when he came on board. Talk about throwing a looser a bone. This guy couldn't beat his deceased opponents' wife for Senate and then gets handed the single most important domestic cabinet job. This to a man that holds bible thumping prayer sessions IN THE FEDERAL OFFICES. So I was listening to a moderate to liberal talk show host here locally (yes there are moderate to liberal talk show hosts) speaking about the chief suspect ( a Dr. apparently) in the Anthrax mailings. This person has not been charged with anything. The man has not had any hard evidence show against him. However the Justice Department and the FBI felt it would be prudent and appropriate to hold news conferences saying the poor guy is a chief suspect. Now he may end up becoming the MAN who did the mailings. But that is immaterial now. See we have a Justice System that was built on the axiom that we are innocent until proven guilty. Apparently the one man who is supposed to uphold the legal basis of this country forgot this. In fact if he smoked cigarettes I think Ashcroft would be happy to just to use the Constitution as rolling paper.

Grrr Argh!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog