And awaaay we go

I'm inspired by a very good friend who blogs and his consistency at doing so. I am going to try one more time to run this blog. If I want to know how he is doing I just simply go to his blog and I'm up to date. That was the idea of this journal but like all things Michael it has been inconsistent at best....

At worst.. Just useless...

If I fail again I'm deleting it and moving on to other things lol.

Alex and I saw League of Extraordinary Gentlemen on Sunday and we both dug it completely. It was the Xmen of the turn of the Century. Other than Connery there were no "major" actors but I recognized most of the faces regardless.

If you are not familiar this was derived from a Graphic Novel and (maybe) a comic book series. What a great idea to put some of the last century's great Characters from literature together in one group: Allan Quartermain, Captain Nemo, The Invisible Man, A Von Helsing (Dracula) associate, Dr Jekyl / Mr. Hyde, Dorian Grey and Prof Moriarty. The sets are very dark and gothic, and the "tech" from Capt Nemo: a "automobile" remember this is 1899 and the Nautilus itself are remarkable and quite gorgeous. It is quite a romp though not particularly mentally uplifting, and very enjoyable.

Alex and I saw the Hulk a couple of weeks ago as well. Now I thought that this was just full of pathos. I can see how many may have panned this movie but only looking at the surface dialog (pathetic) and acting (not superlative). What I saw instead was the fantastic directing (including those great cut scenes made to look like a comic book) and the deeper lying tragedy of what the Hulk monster was all about. I won't make this into a morality play, but I will tell you that by the end I was deeply touched by the work. This was NOT your run of the mill Marvel Comics Movie ala Xmen and Spiderman. Overall I did love it.

music of the day: Nearfest 2002

Presently reading at home: Dawn of Amber

Quote of the day: Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes



Comments

Popular posts from this blog