More Odds and Ends

Mental Update

I am freaking tired. This summer has been rough for some reason on the sleeper. (Father the sleeper has awoken!) (10 points for crediting that quote by movie or book.)

I wake up a minimum of once a night. Usually more like 2 or 3. Enough to look at my watch. I don't really get it. I know I am a light sleeper but its beyond me just what is waking me up. One thing we did not do this year is put the window AC unit in the bedroom yet. Partly because we got beat up pretty badly over the winter with heating costs. Partly because although it is humid.. It really has not been that hot at night.

I am sure the general life situation affects my sleep as well. The company I have been with for 5+ years, whose demise I must say has been predicted inaccurately many times, will probably not last the year. At the same time I'm looking to refinance the house and deal with some minor tax issues before this all happens.

But every morning I put on a bright and cheery face and face the day the best way possible. This is something MW taught me early on, though she always called me the bear in the am. So I go through my usual manic and depressive cycle, though I'm much more manic than depressive. Now don't get me wrong.. This is the usual human ups and downs, I don't need medication. Well not yet at least LOL.




Job quandary

So here is my difficulty. There is no question that the company has weeks not months to live. Due to the downsizing we have been through over the last 18 months no one on the management team is replaceable at this point. Let me say that again.. Unlike many companies where you should never consider yourself irreplaceable, due to the large number of hats we all wear, if any one of us were to leave before the closing bell, it could bring the entire house of cards down prematurely.

Would you do this to the people you have worked with over the last five years. People you consider family? Add to the quandary that the Owner seems to be off in never never land, and fully does not grasp that his company is close to closing. Ok and add this: this same owner has proven time and time again that he has no loyalty to yours truly nor anyone else on the team.

So do you go find a new job? Or do you wait and help try to pull the company out of the nosedive? If you find a new job the company nosedives for certain, if you don't, are you less employable? And NO I don't lay in bed at night thinking about these things.




I have to make at least one comment on the stupidity of the present administration each day or I feel like I am not doing my patriotic duty

North Korea is a real threat.. Not these pumped up baddies from the Middle East. If congress wants to do an investigation, why don't they focus that rapier like wit to the blatant mistakes carried on by the nascent Bush administration before the Twin Towers incident, and more importantly after.

The Bush foreign policy before the Twin Towers incident was simple. If Clinton did it then we won't. Basic policy for basically simple minds. After the incident it was also simple. Go get Al-Qaida. Nothing wrong with that as part of the bigger picture, but there doesn't seem to be a bigger picture in the present administration.

So the bottom line in many thinkers minds including mine is simple. The present administration ignored obvious warnings that North Korea was amping up their nuclear program. Refused to "negotiate" with them because it was beneath them, and of course because Clinton did do that. Anyone who understands North Korea understands that ignoring the problem is by far the worst thing you can do. Time for hearings.




OBCD today: the Dead from the SPAC show that I opted not to go to due to cost ($54.00 a head for lawn seats). And the Bruce Springsteen show from the Pepsi last year that NO ONE could get tickets for.

Quote of the day: Resolve to edge in a little reading every day, if it is but a single sentence. If you gain fifteen minutes a day, it will make itself felt at the end of the year.
-- Horace Mann

Comments

Popular posts from this blog