My Saturday in SF

Wow what a day!

Woke up early enough to do the entry below recounting Friday's trip. Had some amazing expresso from Greg's Krup while I was doing that.

Hit the showers and Greg and I went to GG park to earmark the tables for Sebastian's 1st birthday party. Then we went to the Beach Chalet for an amazingly good Eggs Benedict and Bloody Mary's. When Greg found a bit of hair on his plate, the comped us another round of Bloody Mary's. No harm done and a bit of an extra buzz for the day.

Went back to his flat for a bit and then headed back the park for the fete. What a great turnout my mother inspired. We literally had people there from age 1 to 96! I'd say a rough count was ... well every family friend and relative that could make it! From my College sweetheart to Grandmother and two Great Aunts down from Sacramento. It was especially nice seeing two of my second cousins who I have rarely seen as they have grown up, one from England and one from Baltimore & Georgia. We had the picnic/birthday party near the Children's Playground in the park so Alex got to ride the carousel as well.

Here are the Pictures

The picnic lasted most of the day, and then Steve, Greg and I returned to Greg's flat to start buttoning up all the pictures we took. Greg was kind enough to lend me one of his digital cameras. We we both took lots of great pictures. Steve took a nap and we waited till 8 for Lee Ann and Bryce to show.

We had the MOST lovely evening. Just the cousins! These are some of my favorite people in the whole wide word, my two brothers and my cousins Steve and Lee Ann and her husband Bryce. Lee Ann and Bryce and I used to paint the town red every weekend when I was living here in San Francisco. Steve and I have been best friends since we were both small children. And what can you say about seeing your two brothers whom live on opposite ends of the planet. I have been blessed this year by being able to see them both together here in SF this month and in May in France. I usually don't see them more than ever other year.

We went to an amazing French Vietnamese restaurant right on the same block as Greg's flat. The food was just fantastic, I had not ever had this particular cuisine. We were really able to pig out for a decent (SF prices) per head cost and leave satisfied. Andrew joined us at the very end of dinner and then we all retired to Greg's flat again for wine and conversation.

Days like this happen very rarely in one's life so to enjoy and cherish them is a gift.




Headed Home.

Well the fun being over I head back the opposite direction today. Leave at 11:30 pst from OAK via LV and arrive at 11:30 EST in Albany. Off to work tomorrow. Well it was fun while it lasted. Alex returns on the same flight in one week with brother Greg. Turnabout is fair play but there is no way I can match the remarkable gift brother Greg has given me this weekend by letting me stay at his flat and hosting last night's evening activities.

Thanks bro




Quote of the day I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us
with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-- Galileo Galilei

Comments

Popular posts from this blog