New Music

Here are some new Jam/Jazz/SpaceRock bands I'm listening to. Major kudos to my friends D-Rider and Fiendeye for getting me into these bands.

String Cheese Incident. This band has been described as Prog-Blues. Hailing from Colorado they play an eclectic mixture of their own stuff as well as some amazing covers. Feindeye had been mostly responsible for getting me into this band as we had traded SCI live shows for my transcribing Stone Trek shows. (long story). They are on tour now so see them if you can. I'll be trying to catch them at the Palace Theater on October 09! They are going head to head against the TicketMaster/ClearChannel monopoly so you can get tickets HERE for them.

Sound Tribe Sector Nine. How do I describe these young guys? You have to hear them to believe them. JAZZY! Jam. Urban. Funk. Instrumental. All tied into one amazing instrumental band. They have one song that just rips me with its amazing melody and harmony called Lifes Sweet Desire. They have just put out a new CD so you Jam heads should support this band while you collect their shows. Remember approved jam band trading is predicated upon the concept that you will buy the CD's if you like the music. Anyway STS9 is loved by both Prog Heads and Dead Heads. Great instrumental jamming.

Particle. Perk turned me on to this band, as stated in a previous post, we saw them headline but originally went to see Lili Haydn. More amazing Jam oriented instrumentality. I picked up their new CD at the show. They play a mind bending arrangement with some very heavy emphasis on old 70's sounding keyboards, which appealed to me greatly. Like lots of instrumental Jam bands I tend to prefer to listen with my eyes closed so I can fully take in the nuances of their pieces.

Lake Trout. D-Rider gets sole credit for getting me into this band. They are a bit heavier than the normal Jammy band sound, but then D-Rider and I are a rare set of twins, both Dead Heads and Hawkwind Fanatics. So Lake Trout fits into both schemes very well. I even tried to start a SHN weed over on the Space Rock trading group with this band. Anyway the rely heavily upon guitar and really rock.

the Addison Groove Project. These guys are pretty much pure jazz. They are also coming to town and I do intend to see them. Week of my birthday no less! They are a Boston based band who does their own music and covers lots of great Jazz standards in their own way.

All these bands have an open taping policy. You can collect their music for FREE and see what I mean about how good they are. Then you WILL go buy their music.. LOL.. See if you do that it supports free taping!!

You can download them from Furthernet or if you have a good Internet Download Manager you can get them at the Live Music Archive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog