Delegate for my Alma Mater



Yes that's me in Academic Regalia!

Last week I got a call out of the blue from my Alma Mater's alumni office. The lady introduced herself and said that Greg had suggested she call me and that I was a nice guy. I told her of course not to publish that info or it would ruin my reputation! Anyway she told me that my Alma Mater had gotten an invite to send a delegate to the inauguration of Dr. Glotzbach as the 7th President of Skidmore College.

I told her I was honored and would of course attend. That was today.

I got there in time to mill about with the real academician and put on my robes, which my college had been so nice to send me. Then we marched into the basketball stadium on Skidmore campus and there I sat through two hours of Dr. Glotzbach's inauguration. No it was far from boring. The ceremony was punctuated with speeches by various Skidmore dignitaries. Interspersed was some really great music provided by Skidmore students. Two of note were actually written by a Skidmore Senior and were quite good brass pieces.

Dr. Glotzbach's speech, although longish, was quite good and very "dense". Not in the meaning of "stupid" of course but very strong on 50c words and even stronger on ideas. Dr. Glotzbach's field is/was Philosophy and it was very apparent from listening to him. I found it very refreshing listening to all the speeches as they were written by well read and well spoken academic's and they actually made me think. A far cry from our work a day world of sound bites, slogans and phrases.

All in all it was quite enjoyable to participate in this event. When I got home I did up a quick piece for our Alumni website and posted the picture below as well.



OBCD: Sound Tribe Sector Nine official live album called seasons 01.

QOTD: I am deferring this for today. There were so many great things said today at the inauguration that any other quote pales by comparison.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog