I always knew that AOL was run by morons but this one takes the cake

In an attempt to confirm shipping for some Vintage BSA handbooks I bought on eBay yesterday I got this message (in part) from AOL.

... while talking to mailin-03.mx.aol.com.:
>>> QUIT
<<< 554- (RTR:BB) The IP address you are using to connect to AOL is a dynamic

<<< 554- (residential) IP address. AOL will not accept future e-mail transactions

<<< 554- from this IP address until your ISP removes this IP address from its list

<<< 554- of dynamic (residential) IP addresses. For additional information,

<<< 554 please visit http://postmaster.info.aol.com.

554 5.0.0 Service unavailable


Let me explain in simple terms what this means. Road Runner utilizes dynamic IP address'. It is the basis of cable modem technology. Therefore I will always have an ever shifting IP address. If you don't know what that means don't worry. Thats not the point.

Road Runner is provided by Time Warner. Who owns Time Warner? AOL!

So.. These morons in their ever increasing attempt to stop "Spam" have blocked the emails of all their residential Road Runner customers.

God I hate amatures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog