Ramblings....

Mood: Dark.. but getting lighter

Irritations: People with bumper stickers that say things like: We support our troops, and Proud to be an American. Why? Cause it's one big DUH! Take a stand that is risky. Jeeze.

New TV I like: Jake 2.0 looks good. Smallville/Angel have been upgraded it seems. NOT into these gritty Detective/Lawyer/Hospital/super serious dramas except West Wing. I really don't like Reality Shows. ECK!! Wife and Child love Survivor so I have to run and hide after dinner.

The job situation: Probably moving twice in 1.5 months, as we have to escape the old building and the new rental is not going to be ready when we need it.

The Job Track I honestly don't know if I made the right move joining this company. I looked forward to the death of the old company for 2 yrs so I could move on. I'm just not sure the new entity constitutes moving on.

Silly Car The damn check engine light is on. My buddy in the car business says to disconnect the battery for a few minutes and it should turn it off. If it goes on again then I might have a problem.

Fave old shows from the BBC dept: There was a cute show that I used to catch on PBS called Bless Me Father which was taken from the books by Fr. Daniel Abernathi who was a RC curate in the 50's. I thought I had bunches of them on tape but over the years they had been inadvertently recorded over. So I splurged with some birthday money and bought the first and second season on VHS. No DVD's yet.

I want this on my car: A bumper sticker that I put on the TOP of my car that says: If you can read this then you are driving a GAS GUZZLING SUV! "I drive an SUV cause it's safer on the road" they say. Well buddy if there were not so many SUV's on the road running over cars then everyone would be safer.

Still alive: I survived a scare with the Raiders last week in my "pick one team a week to win (not against the spread) and you cannot pick it again for the season single elimination pool". 4 weeks down, 12 to go, and there are only 6 left of 35 original players. I got my but kicked in the "pick the whole schedule per week against the spread" pool but so did a lot of others so I'm still in the top 1/3.

OBCD today: the "essentials" CD set that was generously given to me by my friend "elfslut". Don't take that name badly, she is a great lady.

Still Reading: Wolfsbane - GREAT characterizations of Harry Sullivan in this one.

Quote of the Day: If you don't run your own life, somebody else will.
-- John Atkinson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog