The Friday Five!

1) Of the various cultures, ethnicities or nationalities you belong to, which most strongly do you consider yourself?

I really want to indentify with my Arab background. I really do. But the way the world is today, it's frankly difficult with all the stupid violent things done in the name of "Arabs". I am very much a Anglophile, I love British culture (mostly) and British humor. Hawkwind. Dr Who. Monty Python. etc.

2) Is there a culture you cannot claim heritage from but which you feel quite close to?

Some of the Eastern cultures. The Tao and some Buddist thinking is more attuned to how I (want to) live my life than other cultures.

3) What's one language you wish you knew fluently?

French, then Arabic.

4) If you could move anywhere in the world and be guaranteed a job, etc., where would you go?

Either London or Paris.

5) If you had a time machine, and could witness any one event without altering or disturbing it, what would you want to see?

The full clonization of Mars. (Time machines go forward too.)
However...
I'd love to see the signing of the Declaration of Independence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog