Hump Day already

Of course that whole concept for me is a bit foreign because I work seven days a week. It's been a weird week too, what with the normal RS night off Monday, then not teaching Tuesday. Today I was an art teacher and had a ton of fun, but I have not gotten a call yet for tomorrow and fear the worst.

The lesson plan for today for the K - 3rd grade was to read a poem "The North Wind Doth Blow" (all three verses) and have them draw a picture of the Imagery. First we had to understand the concept of an image, then a mental image. I had them tell me what they thought of when I said "a hot summer day" and then "a cool crisp fall day." This seemed to work. Then I read them the poem with their eyes closed, and then with them open, and let the rip. Needless to say it was fun as heck.


The North wind doth blow and we shall have snow
what will the robin do, poor thing
he will sit in a barn and keep himself warm
and hide his head under his wing, poor thing.

The North wind doth blow and we shall have snow
and what will the dormouse do, poor thing
Roled up like a ball, In his nest snug and small,
He'll sleep till
warm weather comes in. Poor thing!

The North wind doth blow and we shall have snow
and what will the children do, poor things
They'll finish their lessons, and run slide and play
Untill they are warm, poor things!



('The North Wind doth blow' or 'The Robin'?This nursery rhyme is referred to as either the North Wind doth blow or The Robin. It is British in its origins - believed to have originated as far back as 16th century history and using the olde English word 'doth'. The purpose of the rhyme is to ensure that a child associates security and warmth to home whilst empathising with the plight of the robin.)

T, W, and Th of this week are the National Math aptitutude tests for 4 - 6 grades. This over half the teachers at the Primary level, and remarkably the ones who seem to go out often. So I may get a day off tomorrow as well, which would be a whole day, with no RS.

It sounds like a sad life, all I talk about is my possible days off, but ye of the Mon to Fri get your Sat and Sun off lifestyle don't know what it means to not get 24 hrs without some sort of work.

On a lighter note. I got the entire Digitally Remastered Beatles via MP3 (yea I know I know) and they fit on one MP3 CDR. I just finished listening to it, most of which I caught at work on Sunday. What a great career they had, though I must admit the end was not pretty as Let it Be is not my fave Fab Four release. Still it was fun to listen to them all the way through again.

RS is dead again tonight. Makes me wonder if this keeps up due to the Mall expansion if WE will be one of the 700 stores to be closed??? Nah. They won't give up on their mall presence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog