Two Day Trip to NH




Well I am just back from a wonderful trip to NH Monday and Tuesday to drop off the kid to stay with his Grandparents and participate in a Family Reunion of sorts in the guise of a BBQ and Dessert.

This previous Saturday I had missed a much larger event in MA because of my work. So when my Dad said he was doing a more intimate BBQ on Monday, I knew I would be there.

It was so wonderful being with all my Aunts and Uncles. I cannot remember being with the majority (5 of 7) of them in I don't know how long. I think it was the Caribbean Cruise in fact. Some of whom I had not seen since that cruise.

In addition, many of the "cousins" were there as well. I should explain that my Grandfather Jamil's brother married my Grandmother Mary's sister, so there are double cousins in the family who were raised together in part and are more brothers and sisters than cousins. We had many of them in attendance as well, and it's always wonderful seeing them as well.

One of Dad's neighbor's put on the BBQ part of the evening, just a few doors down from his house a across the street. About a 3 min walk. Then we retired to Elias and Margie's new abode in NH which was about three miles from Dad's house.

I thought everyone looked really good, and you can see from the pictures. The pictures at the Mike Montfort site run as a slideshow. Or you can look at the thumbnails and then the bigger pictures at the Gathering on PhotoBucket as well.

Today I got up and the NY/NJ contingent left for points south around 10am. It was nice to see them again, and after taking trash to the dump, running to CVS and Blockbuster, and other errands for Dad, I headed home myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog