Talk to ya on Sunday! (or Monday)

I'm spending the weekend in the Adirondack foothills with a BSA training course called Outdoor essentials. Once I survive that I will just have one more 2.5 hr class next Thu and I will have passed the basic "course load" necessary to be a Trained Assistant Scoutmaster.

Whew.

It's been quite a month with all this going on. Major thank you's to the local family for help with Alex, and special thanks to E and S for loaning C's pack to me for this coming weekend.

Frankly I'm pretty excited about this weekend. I have not been camping in years, and part of the structure of this weekend will be teaching the patrol method by participating as patrols. Now my absolute best memory of scouts as a kid was the week I spent in PLC or Patrol Leadership Training. So this should be fun.

The Scoutmaster and I are going to hook up in the afternoon and I will be taking up one of the Patrol Boxes (various things for a successful campout Pots, Pans etc). The other ASM who is also in the local Guard is going as well so it will be a good bonding experience.

The only down side is that it's going to be chilly on Friday night according to the weatherman. Below freezing chilly, but just below freezing. Not really haven's the appropriate clothing for that I am going to try to take a half day tomorrow to pick up the remaining gear I need and to be able to be up at the campsite at the correct hour.

So no blog tomorrow or Saturday, and maybe not Sunday depending on how tired I am.

Have a great weekend.

PS and Off topic: I really wish that baseball would go back to Take me out to the Ballgame at the 7th inning stretch. Go Marlins!

OBCD today Jazz Fusion. Some Saga. Some Bond.

Reading: Emotional Chemistry by Simon Forward and JP Morgan.

QOTD:I am not in this world to live up to other people's expectations, nor do I feel that the world must live up to mine.
-- Fritz Perls

Comments

Popular posts from this blog