Sunrise over Lake Champlain from Ticonderoga


Support the victims of Hurricane Katrina (click image)


Musings and Meanderings

Friday, April 08, 2005

Here are a few Selected The Friday Five's so I can catch up....

The Friday Five for 8 April 2005 .. Bookworms!

1. What is the one book that you reread over and over again?
The Lord of the Rings.. once a year since I was 11, I am now 43, you do the maths.

2. What is your favourite genre?
Well Sci Fi actually, even with the answer above, specifically Hard Sci Fi.

3. Do you usually buy your books or visit the library?
Usually Buy. I like ownership.

4. Who is your favourite author?
If you put my feet to the fire probably Jack Chalker (may he rest in peace), because he had such a wide range.

5. What book have you read that you absolutely hated?
The Magus by John Fowles. I SOOO didn't get it compared to the Hype. I suppose for readers of the stuff of the Oprah Club it was chilling and thrilling, but for me it was snooze central


The Friday Five for April Fools Day!

1) What's the one movie you've seen more times than any other?
Believe it or not, Lawrence of Arabia...

2) If you could turn one book, comic book or other print story into a feature-length movie, what story would you pick and why?
The Elric of Melnibone Saga by Mike Moorcock.. because it would work great!!

3) Whom would you cast?
Oh I am very bad at casting and names and such. Mostly though I would cast no name actors. Big names can take away from the story, though Sin City seems to be doing well.

4) What one movie would you like to see "updated for the year 2005"? (Ie, a remake)
Oh.. Hmm... Maybe a new version of "The Day the Earth Stood Still"

5) What one movie are you most looking forward to this year?
It is a tie between April's "Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy" and this fall's "Serenity"


The Friday Five for March 18. 2005
The Friday Five, Times Five

1. What are your five favorite all time TV shows (at this moment)?
1) Firefly; 2)SG-1; 3)Jeremiah; 4)Farscape; 5) Odyssey 5

2. What five things you want to do before the year is out?
1)Visit my brother in France; 2) Go to Hawkfest; 3) loose 25lbs; 4) Go to California; 5) Keep up on all my magazines and books.

3. Who are five people (alive, dead, or otherwise) you would want to have dinner with?
1) Albert Einstien; 2) Alexander Hamilton; 3) Bill Clinton; 4) Gallileo; 5) Teddy Roosevelt.

4. Where are five places (cities, states, countries, etc.) you would like to visit?
1) Australia and New Zealand; 3) Vienna; 4) Tokyo; 5) Moscow

5. What are your five favorite desserts?
1) Cheesecake; 2) Apple Pie; 3) Pumpkin Pin; 4) French Vanilla Ice Cream; 5) Brownies


Friday Five -- March 11, 2005

1) What was your favorite toy as a child?
I was very fond of my Major Matt Mason till it disappeared one day....

2) What is your favorite toy now that you're "grown up"?
My PDA

3) What is the most dangerous toy you had growing up?
Mommy didn't let me have dangerous toys....

4) What is the most dangerous toy you have now?
Liza doesn't let me have dangerous toys....

5) What one toy do you wish you had/have?
a 40gig Music Device called an HP iRiver.


Friday Five -- February 4, 2005

1. How old were you when you got your drivers license?
16 and not a day over!

2. Did you get your own car right away, use the family car, or bum rides from friends?
I got to use the Country Squire 450 Station Wagon and if I was very good, the 64 Mustang Hard Top... family cars....

3. What was your first car and what was it like?
1967 Yellow VW Beetle. It was a Bug.. what do you think it was like... It rocked... in the wind.. in the rain.. lol

4. How old were you when you got your first traffic ticket and what happened?
Driving my girlfriend Jen back to college, with my Dad, both haranging me about my hair or something, blew right by the cop on the Highway... I didn't even wait for his lights to go on.. I just pulled over.

5. What is your favorite car story, be it an accident, road trip, etc?
My favorite car story is a week long and it's my trip cross country alone. In the Bug. But that is another story.
posted by Mike 9:26 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The musings and meanderings of an overworked and underemployed mind